Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Black Mass

BLACK MASS (2015)
Directed by 
[filmography: Out of the Furnace (2013), Crazy Heart (2009)]

Written by Mark Mallouk [writing debut] & Jez Butterworth [Spectre (2015), The Edge of Tomorrow (2014)]


ENJOYMENT: ** (out of 4)
"Boring and unoriginal"

I should mention a disclaimer: I fell asleep twice in the theater while watching this movie. I'm not sure if that should disqualify me from honestly reviewing this film, or if that is evidence that it wasn't any good. The problem is that everyone else, minus my husband, seemed to like this movie. I still feel confident though saying that it didn't go deep enough into the story I was interested in, Johnny Depp looked like Gollum, and it got super repetitive and predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment