Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Academy Award Predictions, 2015

BEST PICTURE
Nominees:
American Sniper
Boyhood
Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything
Whiplash

[all above are links to my own reviews :-) ]

My prediction:
Boyhood

WINNER: Birdman

Runner up: Birdman
My favorite: Boyhood


BEST ACTRESS
Nominees:
 Marion Cotillard - Two Days, One Night
Felicity Jones - The Theory of Everything
Julianne Moore - Still Alice
Rosamund Pike - Gone Girl
Reese Witherspoon - Wild

My prediction:
Julianne Moore - Still Alice

Runner up: Reese Witherspoon - Wild
My favorite: Julianne Moore - Still Alice


BEST ACTOR
Nominees:
Steve Carell - Foxcatcher
Bradley Cooper - American Sniper
Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
Michael Keaton - Birdman
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything

My prediction:
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything

Runner up: Michael Keaton - Birdman
My favorite: Miles Teller - Whiplash


BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Nominees:
Patricia Arquette - Boyhood
Laura Dern - Wild
Keira Knightley - The Imitation Game
Emma Stone - Birdman
Meryl Streep - Into the Woods

My prediction:
Patricia Arquette - Boyhood

Runner up: Emma Stone - Birdman
My favorite: Patricia Arquette - Boyhood


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Nominees:
Robert Duvall - The Judge
Ethan Hawke - Boyhood
Edward Norton - Birdman
Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash

My prediction:
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash

Runner up: Ethan Hawke - Boyhood
My favorite: Ethan Hawke - Boyhood


BEST DIRECTOR
Nominees:
Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Alejando González Iñárritu - Birdman
Richard Linklater - Boyhood
Bennett Miller - Foxcatcher
Morten Tydlum - The Imitation Game

My prediction:
Alejando González Iñárritu - Birdman

Runner up: Richard Linklater - Boyhood 
My favorite: Richard Linklater - Boyhood


BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Nominees:
Alejandro González Iñárritu et al. - Birdman 
Richard Linklater - Boyhood
E. Max Frye & Dan Futterman - Foxcatcher
Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Dan Gilroy - Nightcrawler

My prediction:
 Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel

WINNER: Alejandro González Iñárritu et al.- Birdman

Runner up: Alejandro González Iñárritu et al.- Birdman

My favorite: Richard Linklater - Boyhood


BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Nominees:
Jason Hall - American Sniper
 Graham Moore - The Imitation Game
Paul Thomas Anderson - Inherent Vice
Anthony McCarten - The Theory of Everything 
Damien Chazelle - Whiplash

My prediction:
Damien Chazelle - Whiplash

WINNER: Graham Moore - The Imitation Game 

Runner ups: Anthony McCarten - The Theory of Everything 
or Graham Moore - The Imitation Game
My favorite: Damien Chazelle - Whiplash


No comments:

Post a Comment